BAM! You’ve got a sweet forum
There’s nothing sweeter than a fresh new forum, ready to welcome your community. A Vanilla Forum has all the bits and pieces you need to build an awesome discussion platform customized to your needs. Here’s a few tips:
- Use the Getting Started list in the Dashboard to configure your site.
- Don’t use too many categories. We recommend 3-8. Keep it simple!
- “Announce” a discussion (click the gear) to stick to the top of the list, and “Close” it to stop further comments.
- Use “Sink” to take attention away from a discussion. New comments will no longer bring it back to the top of the list.
- Bookmark a discussion (click the star) to get notifications for new comments. You can edit notification settings from your profile.